New: Alternatively, you could have students just work individually on this Desmos card sort
- Gr7GS - distinguish between and compare similar shapes and congruent shapes, using a variety of tools
- Gr8GS - determine, through investigation using a variety of tools (e.g., dynamic geometry software, concrete materials, geoboard), relationships among area, perimeter, corresponding side lengths, and corresponding angles of similar shapes.
- Each student is given a card
- Ask students to sort themselves out using any criteria they wish
- If sorting isn't happening in the way you wish, you may want to take some of the openness away and give them a bit more instruction.
Did you use this activity? Do you have a way to make it better? If so tell us in the comment section. Thanks