In this activity students are each given one card. The card will either have a fraction, percent or decimal. Their job is to find the two other students who have the same value but a different representation. This shouldn't take too long and could be repeated every couple of days just to solidify conversion between fraction, decimal and percent.
If you wish you can also have students do this individually with this Desmos cardsort.
- Gr7 - determine, through investigation, the relationships among fractions, decimals, percents, and ratios
- Gr8 - translate between equivalent forms of a number (i.e., decimals, fractions, percents)
- MPM1D, MFM1P - As review
- Download the cards and cut them out (you may want to put them on cardstock and laminate)
- Shuffle the cards and distribute one per student. Note that there are 12 sets of 3 cards so you may want to remove sets to more closely match your student population.
- Instruct students to find the two other people that have the same value but a different representation.
- Once students find their partners they will be in groups of three,